Re:DL4

 What I  have found is that if you tend to use both the expression pedal
and tap tempo on the fly, you can minimize the pitch bend effect by tapping
as close as can be approximated, the same tempo in both the heal up and
heal down postition on the expression pedal. It won't completely loose the
pitch bending effect but it will take most of it away . The problem is, any
time you tap tempo, you are in essence, editing your program. I actually
really dig that artifact, particularly for the sweep echo. I like to set
the echo longer in the the heal down position, and shorter in the toe
forward position. I find the effect of the regeneration running away as the
delay is speeding up very thrilling. Try quarter notes for the heal down
position and triplet eighth notes for the toe forward position. My dream
DL4 would have about 60-80 seconds of delay time and midi sync for the
looper. Also, I highly recommend one of those Ebtech line level shifters if
you want to use your DL4 into a line level effects loop without distorting
the input of the DL4. You would need two of these if you wanted to run
stereo, or get the eight channel rack version. These are now distibuted by
Morley. I just use one and run my DL4 in mono on whatever channel insert
point I choose. These little problem solvers also work great on rack gear
with weak headroom such as a jamman, and they work in reverse if you chose
to run a rack mount effect operating at +4db in line with instrument level
effects like most pedals (typically -10 db to -20). As some of you have
experienced running a line level effect before a guitar amp can make things
downright hissy and brittle sounding.(See repeater).
Good luck
Bill