Re: crazy religious types

<<>Which in turn has caused God to turn His back
on us and lifted His protection, thus allowing
things like September 11 to happen. ;-) >>

Whose God(dess) are we talking about here
anyway?>>

I think you missed the point of my joke. After
September 11th, an American TV evangelist named
Jerry Falwell blamed the attacks on homosexuals
and feminists. He later claimed that he didn't
mean to say that the hijackers were gay or
feminists, but rather that because of people such
as homosexuals, feminists, and the ACLU, God
lifted his protection of America, and thusly, the
Sept 11 happened.

My point was that I happen to feel that while it
may be possible that God was giving some kind
preferential treatment to the US over any other
nation in the world, I don't think he would have
"turned our backs on us" because the US is
starting to evolve beyond being a racist,
homophobic and sexist society (I didn't say we're
there yet, I'm just saying we're working towards
it). It's because we've allowed idiots like
Falwell and Pat Robertson to get on television
regularly and completely besmirch the good name
of Christianity in particular, and religion in
general.

I repeat: my comment was a joke (which I think at
least one person caught)!!!! It wasn't meant as a
true statement about my spiritual beliefs!

=====
May you never thirst!
The Scuba Diver Presently Known As Chris

"What do you get when you give a yo-yo to a flock of flamingos?"-James
Earl Jones