Re: The LOOP TRIO TOUR-Echoplex Clinic

Having attended the FREE! Echoplex Clinic at "Bananas at Large" I would
like to urge everyone to patronise this store and to utilise Rick(the
other one who works at B at L)as a resource.He is a very knowlegdable
and accomplished Looper in his own right and a wonderful supporter of
our community.
Watching Steve,Andre,and Rick Walker perform w/the same Looper,It really
struck me how individualistic looping is..
1.Steve; creates a beautiful musical experiance where the Looper becomes
invisable..(Dancing w/C currently my favorite CD)
2.Rick; has so many sides to his musical imagination,seemingly uses the
looper to clone
himself..singer,percussionist,multi-instrumentalist,found
objectist,sonic explorer ect,ect,etc...
3.Andre;"plays" the Echoplex,aside from being the "hot licks" guy we all
steal things from(or try to:)he interacts most obviously and vigorously
w/the looper.At times he appears to be playing a duet,other times
shadowboxing or sculpting..
And my point is..?
There are many ways of approaching this art form as both creater and
performer.It's not just another effect(but it CAN be)it's not just
recorded music(but,it CAN be)it's not just an easy to get along with
bandmate(but,it CAN be)The most interesting metaphor to me at the moment
is a musical RELATIONSHIP that multiplies whatever the initiater
intends.....
Hoping to hear from others as well,
Scott Kungha Drengsen