Re: Frippertronics and Soundscapes

I started after hearing him. I had heard Terry Riley
and Steve Reich do it before him though, but not on
the guitar. Hearing him do it on the guitar made me
realize it could be done on the guitar. I quite like
his work in that area actually.

I teach guitar and usually have an average of 45
students. Not one of them over the last 14 years had
ever heard of Fripp. Only a couple of them were even
aware of King Crimson.

Never the less if one of them were to buy any one of
the many looping effects available today and start
looping they would likely owe it to Fripp whether they
realized it or not. Many of the people who invented
those effects in the first place did it because of
hearing Frippertronics. "The Fripp in the Box", etc.

Most people that are looping today started because of
hearing Fripp do it, or because of hearing someone
looping that had started doing it after they'd heard
Fripp do it.

I don't think this list would even exist if Fripp and
Eno had never recorded that album. So I give him his
due. He has had a positive influence on a lot of
people musically.

Terry