Re: Rise of the machines

Right, but in my thinking that's just a sequencer without enough
features.  Words like "groovebox" or "command station" are from
marketers.  Granted, they want to distinguish they're products from
"drum machines" but they all fall into the family of sequencer.

At first I kind of liked the way the Roland devices worked, but I grew
to hate it.  They lump "percussion" in one track and sometimes I don't
want all my percussion going.  Also, sometimes I want to filter or
effect just the snare, but I had to effect the whole drum track.  Too
limiting.  The Command Stations work this out much better letting you
have 32 channels that you can put whatever you damn want on, mixing and
matching as you go.

Mark