Re: MIDI Foot controllers?

--- jimfowler <jimfowler@prodigy.net> wrote:

> "I'm not sure what you mean, Jim. Each preset can send two fixed CC msgs
> with values, in addition to setting the expression pedals to send
>continuous
> cc
> values. Now, each preset can only send two CC fixed values, and the midi
> channel for each cc "slot" is globally assigned, limiting it's
>flexability
> when
> controlling multiple devices, so it might not be the best for everyone's
> rig. It works great with a single repeater though."
>
> that's the problem...the cc's are fixed.  i have to use notes with my edp
> because there are two other midi devices connected.  now the only
>problem is
> turning the notes off with the beatbox...right now, i'm getting a snare
>hit
> everytime i hit "record" and a tom every time i multiply.  not cool at
>all.

Yeah, I understand now. It seems to me that the FCB does best when it only
has
one device to control. Can you change the MIDI channel of your beatbox to
keep
those note-on msgs from triggering it?

> right-o...but i would consider the fcb limited as well, but for the money
> it's a great device and you're right about nothing in the price range
>even
> coming close.  it's still a pain to program (the manual sucks and it
>comes
> pre-programmed, which is just extra work) and has a few limitations that
> really get in the way, for me at least.  nonetheless, i'm keeping mine.

Same here. In fact, if I got more devices that needed midi control, I'd
probably
consider getting a 2nd one instead of replacing it with a bigger/better
unit that
would easily control both together.

To me, the programming is pretty easy. Took a little while to understand
it's
paradigm, but once you get past that, it's straightforward.

Greg