My two cents and a question for all concerning mixers--was re:MIDI Foot controllers?

Hello all, after a few years off, I'm back. LOL

If you think about it, all the talk about manuals makes sense. Most
companies are producing their technical writing on computers, so it
isn't a hassle to convert to a PDF and upload to a website. To convert a
manual, on the other hand, takes hours and people. Additionally,
bandwidth costs money. Imagine how much money it would cost Roland to
have all the 'legacy' product manuals online! Personally, I'd rather pay
less for the products!

We're currently working on a compact mixer, one or two rack spaces,
designing with the looping community in mind. Obviously running MOST FX
in parallel is preferred and we are taking this into consideration. I
have a few questions for the group:

First, in a perfect world, what would you fantasy mixer be able to do?
(please keep your lewd thoughts and comments to yourself)

Second, in the real world, what would you be willing to pay for such a
mixer?

We have concerns about quality/reliability and prefer to use the best
components rather than make an inferior product. I know the looping
community is growing, but is still a smaller portion of the market. As
such, developing a product for said market can be expensive, but we are
committed to the task. Please keep this in mind when you consider what
you would pay for a 'dream mixer'.

We'll have a naming contest in the future, probably long after we hammer
out the features contained in the mixer.

This should be fun!!

Respect

Will Brake
Soul Fruit Electronics