RE: Drum loops...how do you do it?

> How would you guys approach this?

I used to have a groove box (MC-303) midi clock slaved to my loopers and
whenever I felt a need for some drum beats I could simply bring the
"drums fader" up on my mixer. But I even found that too complicated
because I hade to almost stop playing for a couple of seconds now and
then to change drum pattern. I thought about this for many weeks without
coming up with any solution. Then I tried to record my favourite beats
to the Repeater's CFC card. But this wasn't a good solution either
because I always forgot about it and erased the groove loops from the
CFC card when emptying the Repeater between my songs. Then I suddenly
got the best idea I've had for a long time: human beat boxing! You don't
really have to be extremely good at beatboxing to lay down a two bar
drum pattern with a mic and a compressor into your looping device. Now
I'm practising with a new rig set-up where I constantly have the "drums
mic" ready (parallel to other instruments) so I can put drums into a
loop while I'm recording another instrument. Another good thing with
this is that it's more visual for the audience than any electronic
solution.

Best wishes

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se