Re: (affordable) stereo (live) looping?

Really?  I haven't had a lot of experience with the EDP, but when I did
have it I thought the sound was good, when I made sure I had the proper
gain structure in place.  The EDP has a limiter at the input stage so
if you feed in a loud signal you'll get some squashed harmonics which
might mean the lack of tone you complain about.  I had that issue too.
More vexing was the defect that caused it to reboot at random times,
but that's another story.

I've got to counter you on the JamMan thing though.  Not stereo, never
was.  Try putting a stereo chorus or auto panner patch through it and
you'll easily see it doesn't accurately reproduce those sounds at all.
It does, however, pass them.  So what you play will have the stereo
effect the first time, but when it hits the loop it's summed and all
stereo information is lost.  It is the main reason I gave mine up for
the Repeater, which I think is/was a better value than the EDP for this
main reason.  That's my opinion.  The EDP does have great dicing and
slicing functions that I'd love to have access to as well.  $1600 for a
pair to get a stereo looper is way over priced IMO.  I really would
advise Gibson to either make a stereo version of the EDP or give a
really good "buy one, get the second at half price" special.

Mark Sottilaro