RE: aleatory analogue in the house

Title: RE: aleatory analogue in the house

loopsters- I ask again, in the name of all that's holy and repeatable- does my use of analogue step sequencers count (ahem..) as a looping technique, for the purposes of this list? or do I have to limit my correspondence to matters concerning jam-mans, repeaters and dl4's? (we have two of each in my band).

I'm going to bang on about them anyway though.

only, last night I had an old roland sequencer (model 104) hooked up to a little moog (modified rogue) and running into an mm4 and a dl4. it was totally addictive. I had forgotten how much fun it could be having the delay repeats slightly unsyncopated with the step sequencer- these days it's all midi-locked effects devices and distributed timing data round our house; this was like going back to tape-delay.

I'm in the middle of designing my own analogue step sequencer, because all the ones I've bought have some shortcoming or other- they seem to be intended for users who prefer to prepare sequences rather than alter them in real-time, or they are lacking in some fundamental way. the best of the lot, the latronic notron, has a quirky interface, dodgy hardware and is currently unsupported.

so I'm designing a simple 8-step device that will derive it's master clock from midi or it's own lfo, that will allow skip and reset functions and that can perform double/triple triggering so that a given step can be made to trill instead of just sounding once. if this all works out, it'll be built-in to the aforementioned moogette and I'll start on a 16 step version for my pro-1.

bip bip b-b-bip bip.

duncan.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

The contents of this e-mail are confidential to the ordinary user
of the e-mail address to which it was addressed, and may also
be privileged. If you are not the addressee of this e-mail you may
not copy, forward, disclose or otherwise use it or any part of it
in any form whatsoever.If you have received this e-mail in error,
please e-mail the sender by replying to this message.

It is your responsibility to carry out appropriate virus and other
checks to ensure that this message and any attachments do not
affect your systems / data. Any views or opinions expressed in this
e-mail are solely those of the author and do not necessarily
represent those of MTV Networks Europe unless specifically stated,
nor does this message form any part of any contract unless so stated.

MTV reserves the right to monitor e-mail communications from
external/internal sources for the purposes of ensuring correct
and appropriate use of MTV communication equipment.

MTV Networks Europe