Re: How Many Delays, synced and unsynced

At 11:18 AM 7/16/2003 -0700, mark wrote:

>How do you like your MPX110?  I find myself needing an extra
>reverb/effect
>box of some kind to wetten up the dry outs of my drum machine

Mark, I've got an MPX 100 (same basic unit as the 110, but a little
earlier; the 110 has only minor updates, if I remember correctly).  It's
an
okay unit, but it really depends on what you're looking to get out of
it.  If you're expecting an inexpensive unit that still has that Lexicon
'sound' then just forget it.  The MPX-1x0's only have the merest hint of
Lex's characteristic reverbs.  I get a more distinct and characteristic
Lexicon sound from my old LXP-5, even though it has a much reduced
sample/bit rate.

However, if you're merely looking for a cheap multi-FX unit with no real
character of its own, it's not bad.  It's quiet, and it doesn't sound
*bad*, merely non-descript.  I'd say it's no better or worse than similar
low-end units from Alesis, Digitech, ART, etc.  If you're really looking
at
pinching pennies, you're probably better off trolling Ebay for a used
MidiVerb.

I haven't gotten to the point where I've sold mine (yet), but I did yank
it
out of my rack to be replaced with a Boss VF-1.  I've been much happier
since.

>Also, do you know the max delay time on it?  I'm thinking it might be a
>small looper of it's own if I set it up right.

The MPX-100's got 5.5 seconds mono, and 2.7 seconds stereo.  The manual
for
both is online, so check that to see if the 110 has any more memory.  I'm
betting it's not much different.

         -c-

_____
"i want to reach my hand into the dark and *feel* what reaches back"
                                                 -recoil