Re: Repeater and sync from midi in

Hey gang,

Just a bit of constructive critacism, but the problem I had before with
Paul's statements "...can't make any good music but spacey stuff" (I
paraphrase) and the "Repeater handles MIDI wrong" is that he seems to
be prone to absolutes.  I think I'm guilty of this at times too,
especially when excited or angry.  This gets a lot of people's hackles
up because this is such a rich and varied forum for new ideas.  I think
you'll get less flack from people if you learn to use the "IMO" acronym
a lot more.  "IMHO" if you're feeling charitable.  I try to use it as
much as possible.

Paul could have said the same thing by saying, "Damn, this MIDI stuff
is not intuitive to me." (it's not to most people and it's an antique
protocol from the late 70s) and he would have gotten a ton of support.
If he had said, "I mainly like music that's about a nice tight groove
so I need synced loopers." I would have probably chimed in and said,
"Yeah, that's why the world needs more midi syncable loopers and
effects!"

Anyway, no offense intended.  Welcome to the list (again)

Cheerio,

Mark Sottilaro