Re: The doors of perception (was Re: Repeater latency)

At 7:34 PM -0700 7/23/03, Nic Roozeboom wrote:
>In my understanding, one only refers to latency when it involves a time
>interval during which there is uncertainty.

Actually, I have always used jitter as the range of timing uncertainty.
Latency I've always used as a close synonym of delay.

So, for example if something varied between 7.5 ms and 12.5 ms you could
say it had a latency of 10 ms with +-2.5 ms jitter, or a latency of 7.5
with + 5 ms of jitter.

Chris

--
 http://www.xfade.com/ | theory and practice. In practice, there is.