Re: Repeater - "conditional stop"

There was, I believe, an Akai rackmount box that would act as a "MIDI"
delay with hold.

Personally I suspect there's not much market for it.  Whenever I've
described what some might call "Live Looping" to a keyboardist, they
get a puzzled look and say something like "Couldn't you just do the
same thing in a sequencer program with cut and paste?"  The
live/real-time part doesn't tickle their fancy the way it does with
guitarists.  Big generalisations, I know, but that's my perception.

Another sweeping statement: I'm always slightly surprised (pleasantly)
when I see keyboards on stage with a local band, but I can count the
number of guitar-less bands I've seen in the last decade on one hand
(and for anyone looking to flame me on this, know that I play guitar
and keyboards in my band).  Many synths are being bought, but I wonder
if they're seeing most of their use in studio-type situations where
they're always connected to a full-featured recording/sequencing
program, which diminishes a lot of the "need" for and EDP-type device.

Also, you'd have the MIDI-unique problems of voice stealing (once your
loops got dense), plus figuring out what happens when you change
patches on your synth.  If you want the loop to retain the timbre
present when you recorded it, things get pretty complicated.

TravisH