Re: midi looper

> Issues such as these would seem to suggest a need for an abstraction
>layer
> that manages between input (what you'd like to feed into the looper) and
> output (what is actually being sent out in MIDI, representing 'looped'
> content). That layer could have the ability to interpret incoming notes,
and
> merge them into a meaningful way onto outgoing MIDI. E.g. if the same
>note
> already playing in the loop is played again, at a different time, it
>would
> merge the 'superimposition' or 'union' of those two notes rather than
> directly propagating them.

What could you do, other than just ignore the second version of the note?

Also, how would feedback work? Midi notes don't have continuously variable
control - CC's act on the entire channel.

You could build a neat looper in max that would switch to the next channel
on the synth for each loop, dropping volume each time round, and erasing
loop 1 after sixteen passes, feed back based midi looping was what you were
looking for, and it was worth it to 'waste' all those channels on your
synth.

bIz

http://www.groovetronica.com - "No offense, but a dated d&b loop with some
Holiday Inn lounge singer hardly wows me technically or talent wise, and I
could do better with a cassette deck and a microphone."