Preamps?

Last question Re: my new gear purchases.

I'm also looking into a preamp/amp modeler to go along with my other
gear (G-Force, EDP mainly). I'm interested in the new Line 6 Pod
ProXT. Anyone own one yet or have any experience with that unit?

I've read reviews of other products (Tech 21 Sans Amp, for instance),
too, so I'd be interested in surveying this group just to get more
feedback. I see direct recording in my future, which is what makes
the Line 6 stuff appealing. Of course, I can/will record the
old-fashioned way in the future, too, but having the direct option
sure would be nice--I think??

Again, thanks in advance.

Jeff