an observation and question

i have had the mackie srm 450's for a while and have never gotten around
getting speaker stands.....well let me tell ya! being able to redirect the
direction of the speakers with just one finger is worth the admission
price
alone.....i know this is obvious but im getting older and
drummer.....:).....awhile
back there was a bit of talk about small rack boxes and some of ya got the
little "gator" case, now these have a hole on the back in the cover that
you can
send most of the wires out to their various places, whats a good way to
organise this so set up and brakedown is quicker.....im looking at my box
now and i
have 10 wires coming out the "little hole in da back", if i disconnect
them
all, i could pull them all back into the box or i could????? having that
lid on
the box really covers a lot of "sins" in fact, i have a "power strip"
stashed
back there to power the boxes in the box, is this OK?.....i know, that's 2
questions.....michael