Re: OT: Adrenalinn II (Upgrade) MIDI Beat Synch ?

Alan Kroeger wrote:

> I was pondering this one for a bit and I hope I can make my question
>sound
> sensible to those tha might have an answer. The Adrenalinn has beat
>synced
> effects modulation, filtering and delay. Using the Adrenalinn with the
>drum
> machine these are some very interesting beat synched effects but, I don't
> actually want to use the drum machine. The question is whether there is
>such
> a thing as an inaudible Beat Sync or does it unfortunately have to be
> audible. Is this function in some devices and just lacking in the
>Adrenalinn
> because, I could possibly send the beat synce to the Adrenalinn from a
> capable MIDI device. Any Ideas or information I realize I might sound
> completely idiotic so patience please :)
>
> Al Kroeger

Hey Al,
    I'm not sure if this answers your question, but here goes.  I rarely
ever
use the Adrenalinn drum sounds.  I shut them off.(The manual explains how
to do
this).  The Adrenalinn will  sync to MIDI clock coming from any device that
sends it.  I use my EDP as the MIDI master clock.  EDP MIDI out to
Adrenalinn
MIDI in.  I set up a one bar loop (sometimes silent, sometimes percussive)
and
the Adrenalinn syncs perfrectly.  I've also used the Kork ER-1 drum
machine, Pro
Tools, and a Yamaha Motif as the MIDI master, and it works great.
    Hope that helps.  Feel free to ask more.  I love using the Adrenalinn
with
the EDP.  It's become a staple of my live shows.

John
www.johnmazzarella.com