From: Greg House [mailto:ghunicycle@yahoo.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 12, 2003 11:00 AM
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Subject: Selecting vendors

--- Jeff Shirkey <jcshirke@midway.uchicago.edu> wrote:

> I agree Re: GC. However, is there really a difference between the big
> music dealers--esp. when it comes to price? I have a good
> relationship with my salesperson at Sweetwater, for instance, because
> I feel like I get excellent pre-sales advice, and I know I can get
> great support and service post-sale. But are their prices necessarily
> any better than GC/Musician's Friend, Sam Ash, and so on? Not that I
> can tell.
>
> How do you folks make your gear purchase decisions? From whom do you
> buy?

The only place I've found lately that has significantly lower prices then other vendors is Full Compass. I've purchased from them for many years and have gotten good service and good prices. They tend more toward pro audio type products then musical instrument type, but appear to be getting a bit more of that type thing in recent years.

Greg