RE: RE: Fast & Trashy

At 01:39 PM 8/12/2003, Andreas Willers wrote:
>Kim wrote:
> >yes, from MIDI you can instantly do any of the different functions that
>can
> >only be done with the insert button from the front panel. You also have
> >both the SUS versions and the toggle versions available as separate MIDI
> >commands, for more versatility.
> >
> >I don't know what the MIDI Mouse can do, maybe it can be programmed to
> >control some of the InsertMode commands?
>
>I doubt it, mine does switch the presets, but when I'm in the thick of an
>improv going: a) which preset am I in? b) where do I have to go to to get
>INSERT=REPLACE? c) stepping on that damn thing to finally arrive there
>and
>d) executing INSERT=REPLACE in a meaningful way is just to much.

yes, you are doing it the hard way.

I was wondering if the MIDI mouse can be programmed to send a note on
message instead of just Program Change. If so, you could set it to
directly
command Replace, while the Insert button can be set to do reverse or
Insert
or whatever. It's just an idea for a simpler setup if you only want easier
access to one or two other commands. If the MIDI Mouse can't do this,
maybe
there is some other simple midi pedal with just one or two buttons that
can
be programmed for some arbitrary midi command. Then you can set that up to
be your "Replace Button".

 From the sounds of it though, you would probably be much better off just
getting a good midi pedal.

>  Hell, no way around programming a Midi-pedal??? Andrč, what are you
> using these days?

I think Andre uses a Digitech PMC-10, which is not so easy to find, but
once you do it is easy to program using Sean's Raymond editor.

kim