Re: reaktor, MSP, etc

that's a good question.  I'll have to load up the 'ol patch tonight and
check it out to be sure.
In the meantime, I'll say I *think* I could do what you're asking.
I've managed to set it up so that I don't get problems with clicks/gaps
while I play grooves (fwiw I'm a bass player), and I must end up
playing over the bar line (and that is to say, the record end point)
sometimes - even on the initial pass.  Also, thinking about the way it
works it shouldn't be a problem: it writes values in a buffer up to the
very last sample position and then writes the next value into the first
sample position and continues writing samples over the now existing
buffer.  when it plays back it draws from the last sample and the first
sample the later immediately after the former, same as it was recorded.
  Provided there's no pause or glitch on either record or playback,
there should be no problem.  Provided that theory is correct, it's all
a matter of design after that.
I'll test the theory tonight.

nathan