Re: 128 or 256 MB CFCs for Repeater

The problem is that I've seen other reports that said the SanDisk card
DOESN'T
work. There are tons of reports that the SimpleTech 256MB like I bought
work
great, but the one I got didn't. I have two SimpleTech 128MB cards. One
works
perfectly, and the other one won't consistantly record in stereo.

The other variable is that some Repeater users don't record in stereo or
reverse
much, so they don't know that their card isn't fully functional, so they
report
that it works...but then later on you find that they never tried more then
the
basic one track forward recording.

Like I said, it's a crap shoot.

They switch the controller chips that they use in those things all the
time.
Apparently the ones that end up with one particular Hitichi controller
will work
with the Repeater, others don't, or only work in some crippled mode (won't
record
in stereo, won't record in reverse, etc).

Greg