Re: Cranky Dissy Posts

Mark,

> People don't like being told they aren't the intended customer.

Too right! Apparently whole countries can be "not the intended
customer".

I live in Denmark (for the geographically challenged, that's the little
pointy bit sticking out the top of Germany). Last week I was in the
largest music shop in the country to ask about the price of an EDP. For
a start the salesman had never heard of the EDP. Hmm ... After showing
him the Gibson/Echoplex website he promised to contact the importer for
a price and get back to me. He phoned today to inform me that he was
sorry, but since the country's only Gibson importer refused to import
EDPs ("no demand"), he couldn't give me a price! Brilliant! He
suggested I try and find one on the net ...

Now the only European online shop, I've been able to find, that lists
EDPs is in southern Germany and charges over €1300 a pop + transport
and without the footpedal. That's well in excess of 1400 US dollars
with no local support service!

And you Yanks start snivelling 'cause you have to pay a paltry $800 for
an EDP at your *local* dealer.

--

  Ian Petersen