Re: OT MAC G5 digital audio in, a question...

At 09:40 AM 10/3/2003, bruno kleinefeld wrote:
>It seems very useful and could even help to save some money... but
>the digital in on the G5 is optical and, at least on the audio processors
>I have,
>digital out are often (if not only) SPDIF.
>
>I think Apple should have been takin' care of that...
>
>Does anybody know if there's a way to connect something with a digital
>audio SPDIF out with a computer that has a digital audio in optical?

the optical version of SPDIF is created by running the electrical spdif
signal through a simple opto-coupler. They are the same signaling
protocol,
so there is nothing to it really. The part is a very simple, cheap thing,
so I would guess there are many people who make little convertors between
the two.

kim