Re: slightly OT -- headphone recommendations?

--- Gene Ehrbar <gene@anomalyinc.com> wrote:

> I'm looking to upgrade from consumer-grade headphones, and am interested
>in
> a pair versatile enough for DJing, monitoring during band practice (loud
> rock and roll), and late-night (let's not wake the house up) studio
> monitoring at home.  Anyone have any recommendations?

Much as I hate to buy (or recommend) Sony, due to their politics and
position
within the recording industry, the 7506 headphones are a great piece of
kit. You
might try the competing Fostex ones too, I've heard good things about
those.

AKGs are more neutral sounding, but they don't get the volume as easily
and don't
seal as well for isolation (well maybe the K270s, but they're much more
costly)
and it takes a powerful headphone amp to drive 'em.

Greg