Re: The Ambient Ping . . . .

Well, I think that there's a problem when someone ONLY posts spam and NEVER participates in general discussion.  I don't feel like they are really part of the LD community if they don't occasionally chime in on a topic. That my big beef with ambient ping - they send us these obvious mass mailings, and never actually talk to us in person.

I also wish they could post an email without all the extra html code.  It takes so long to scroll past their post.  Does any one else have this problem?  It's probably my own fault for still being with aol (OK,. I'm lazy).  I've tried to adjust my aol mail pref's to avoid this, but I still get these posts with lots of, what I assume to be, extra html code that makes the actual post 3 times longer than it should be.  Can this be avoided?

SteveK