LD forum style vs. other styles (was The Ambient Ping . . . .)

Thanks scott.  Yes, I did notice that my emails to the list are "corrupted" also, and tried to turn it off when I first noticed it.  If there is a setting for that it's buried in a sub-menu somewhere in aol.  Anyone that know please tell me.

I get the digest version which means lots of scrolling thru tons of html.  Occasionally I go to the LD web site so I can browse posts by thread or author .   I would actually prefer this to getting email because the html has been removed making the messages easier to read.    Unfortunately, you can only view one message at a time  and the threads are organised in an "outline" style, which I find cumbersome.  This format (sort of a newsgroup style?) seemed more prevalent years ago.

Lots of forums, for example http://www.nativeinstruments.de/index.php?forum_us or www.audioforums.com and many others, use a better format.  It's become very common and I'm sure most folks here are familiar with it.  It's great because when you open a thread, the original post AND all the reply posts all open up together so you can read in a conversational way without constantly using your back button .

I'm sure there's a reason why LD uses the older format.  Probably $$ and time  This is still one of the most informative forums I've found, I just wish it were easier to use.

SteveK