Re: kaki king?

>don't know if this was ever discussed here, but i saw
>kaki king last night opening for mike gordon at irving
>plaza in ny (and she also played on conan obrien last
>night).  she does quite a bit of sampling/looping.
>
>anyone know what she uses or anything about her?

Yes, I've been following her career for quite a while but if she uses
a looper or delay it's news to me.  I've only ever seen her use one
pedal and that's just for her acoustic guitar pickup, not really an
"effect" at all.

I'd be pretty surprised if she were sampling and looping.  Did you
actually see her with pedals and/or an effects rack, or was it her
sound?  She manages to get an awful lot of layers by just playing
well...

     /t