Re: evangelize EDP please

don't get me wrong, i love my repeater and the project that i'm working on
right now features it as a main piece.
i see your points about controller issues.   i do like the integrated
nature
of the direct pedal plug and dedicated foot controller, but for different
controllers it all works out to be the same.
however, my unit does have a cfc "tick" and, for me, between the operating
noisefloor and peak values, i would say that i probably have about 4db of
boogie room.   i don't know, my edp seems wider that that, somehow.   there
is also a warmth to the sound of an edp that seems lacking in the repeater.
it sort of sounds like the repeater is "mpeg-ing" everything and you can
hear the packets being delivered.
finally, i can't abide by the artifact at the loop point.   i guess it was
bit presumptuous to assume that ebow guitarist would have a problem with
this as a rule, but that "very slight change (usually a little surge) in
volume around the loop point" that you mention is something that doesn't
happen at all on my EDP.  that is probably my main issue with the repeater,
in the setting of guitar and guitarist at least.
my feelings summed up as follows:   the repeater infinitely more versatile
and can respond well to many types of input.   the edp is "warmer"
"realer"
and perhaps more responsive to the whimsy of the player.  i find that the
edp works better as part of a instrument and instrumentalist package,
whereas i like to devote the whole attention of a player just to the
manipulation of the repeater.
ultimately yes, it depends on the application.

lance