Re: In the Repeaters defense

  Though I'm a devout convert to the EDP, I was planning to post something
similar to this, but about the sound quality of the REpeater.  I keep
hearing people say how cold the REpeater sounds, and from my experiences, I
just wouldn't characterize it like that at all.   I personally think it
does a pretty faithful job of representing what one plays into it.
Personally, none of the ones I've played through have ever sounded cold in
my opinion, and I've been impressed with their sound quality.

Smiles,

Cara

  At 12:05 AM 10/30/03 -0800, you wrote:

>I have two EDPs and love them dearly (and am starting to even understand
>them a little............lol)
>
>but I've heard no one talk about two of the very coolest features of the
>much maligned Repeater
>that are phenomally wonderful for a multi-insturmentalist like myself:
>
>1)   You can play a loop as a chromatic instrument over three octaves
>while
>the machine
>constantly does all the time stretching to keep the rhytms intact as you
>pitch shift.
>
>This either allows me to play rhythms with static loops (like me trilling
>single note with my mouth)
>or it allows me to modulate a pattern's pitch and hence the whole harmony
>of
>the 'section' you have just created
>by doing so.
>
>All of this can be done with midi pedals used like ersatz organ footpedals
>
>2)  You can have four simultaneous loops going with indedendent control of
>the pitch and panning of each
>loop..................with four separate outs going into four muteable
>channels on a mixer, this is very, very powerful
>as a live performance option
>
>My brother is getting amazing sounds by using the output of his guitar
>synth
>arpeggiator (without the sonic output)
>and rhythmically tuning his loops (from drone sounds to hand drum sounds)
>creating really cool rhythmic tracks
>that I've never heard anything like before.   It is  a simple technique
>but
>the Repeater is the only instrument that
>can do this so far.
>
>Well, back to work on my EDP
>sophistication..............................lol.
>
>Rick Walker

---

  View my online portfolio at:
http://www.onemodelplace.com/model_list.cfm?ID=52516
  -Last updated on Mon. 10.27.03

-Then, anything is possible..."

http://home.earthlink.net/~thefates

Please visit BadFiction and The Guitar Cafe.