Re: that household name looper in UK

>community service announcement
>
>As I haven't seen it mentioned around here, and forgive me if it
>has, but some of you may be interested to know that the household
>name of loop Mr. David Torn is going to be making a rare appearance
>in the UK this month, performing several dates with Tim Berne's
>'Science Friction'. The London date for all you smog based loopers
>is the QEH 19 Nov.

Oh man, that band now has 3 of my favorite musicians in the world:
Berne, Torn, and keyboardist Craig Taborn. Drummer Tom Rainey is no
slouch either. The recent studio and live Science Friction (gotta
love that title!) cds feature Marc Ducret on guitar, an amazing
player with a completely different approach than Torn's, and, while
the discs are very, very good, I'd kill to see this band with Torn.