Re: proposal for a new thread -- Loop Tools - Survey Results - Sept 1997

((((earlier post - reformatted for narrow e-mail width and
readability...)))

 Rick -

 Nice topic, would you like to tally up all the results so we can see what
 peopel in 2003 are using.

 I ran a similar poll a few years back (Sept. 1997).  Here are the results
 from that one.

 A questionnaire was very quickly conceived on the morning of Thursday 10th
 September.  The study consisted of 12 questions - eight Yes/No and four
 open-ended measures.

 Appendix I

 Q5a. Please list the other Loopers you own?
 Note: 43 people of the Total Sample of 48 have some kind of looping tool

 An open-ended question asked respondents to list the looping devices they
 currently own.  The table below summarizes results.

 As can be seen, the Lexicon company dominates the Looping device market
with
 52.8% of all units sold.  Looking at the detailed results presented in
 Appendix I, it can be seen the JamMan unit has most successfully
penetrated
 this market, accounting for 30.3% of all units sold - twice the success of
 the EDP.

 Taken together, the Lexicon JamMan, Lexicon Vortex and Oberheim EDP
account
 for 60.6% of looping devices sold.

                                      Devices                     Owners
                                                               (Tot
Owners=43)
                                       N          %            N        %
Oberheim
      Echoplex DP            13      14.6          13    30.2%

Lexicon
        JamMan                 27      30.3            23      53.5
        Vortex                    14     15.7            13      30.2
        PCM-42                  3        3.4             3        6.9
        LXP-15II                 2        2.2             2        4.7
        LXP-5                     1        1.1             1        2.3
        Lexicon Total          47     52.8              -         -

 Digitech
       RDS8000                  3       3.4              3       6.9
       Time Machine            2       2.2              2       4.7
       GSP2101                  2       2.2              2       4.7
       RP-6                         1       1.1              1       2.3
       TSR24S                    1       1.1              1       2.3
       RDS 7.6                    1       1.1              1       2.3
       3.6 Delay                   1       1.1              1       2.3
       Digitech Total           11     12.4              -         -

 Eventide
       H3500                       2       2.2               2     4.7
       H3000                       1       1.1               1     2.3
       GTR4000                  1       1.1               1     2.3
       DSX                          1       1.1               1     2.3
       Eventide Total            5       5.6               -        -

 Boss
       Delay/Reverb             1       1.1               1     2.3
       GT5                           1       1.1               1     2.3
       Boss Total                  2       2.2               -       -

 Other
       Zoom 506                 1        1.1               1     2.3
       Korg SDD2000        1        1.1               1     2.3
       DeltaLabs
             CompuEffectron   1       1.1               1      2.3
      Yamaha SPX1000      1       1.1               1      2.3
      Roland DEP-5            1       1.1                1     2.3
      Alesis Quadraverb      1       1.1                1     2.3
      Paradis Loop Delay    1       1.1                1     2.3
      Lisa Software             1       1.1                1     2.3
      Tape Decks                1       1.1               1     2.3
      Other Total                 9       1.1               -       -

 Grand Total
       Looping Devices      89 100.0
      Owners                                                  43    100.0