RE: BPM & Pitch Shift on Repeater

ok, here is how I (now) understand the relationship of tempo change to
frequency
(pitch) change. First it's important to realize that the percentage of
frequency
change is equal to the percentage of tempo change, that is if you change
your tempo by +25% then you change your frequency by +25%. And so, the
question
becomes (and was originally asked) what is the relationship between
percentage
of frequency change to semitones.

Each semitone is 2^1/12 (two to the one over twelve) percent change in
frequency.

In doing the calculation we need to look at the 'tempo/pitch' adjustment
as a 'what percent of the original frequency is the new frequency'

The calculation for going from 'percent of original' to semitones is:

12*log2(%/100)

I've enclosed an Excel spreadsheet with the results that cover the changes
in the range available on the Repeater, as well as putting in an short list
here.

Speed adjustment        % of original           Change in semitones
        -75%                    25%                     -24
         ..                     ..
        -50%                    50%                     -12
         ..                     ..
        0%                      100%                    0
        100%                    200%                    +12
        150%                    250%                    +15.86...

It's still not clear how the Repeater maps the 128 (0-127) CC messages
across
the 225 percentages, but once that is known you can combine that info with
this and you will know what you wanted to know.. :)

peace
-cpr