music and freedom

I certainly realise this is not a political email forum, but I could not help but relate the above short article on someone in Hungry stating that rock music (and presumably other forms of music) helped bring down communism (or repression of thinking from their viewpoint).

Music has a way of bringing freedom of thought to the listner, by its freedom of personal expression by the performer. Sub and unconsiously, music appeals to an individual finding other starting points to what may be their own limited thinking. In this time of a curtailment of freedoms, music has in important service to perform in helping people to keep the faith in their own liberated spirit.... Music is a great metaphor for freedom and creativity. Rock on, loop on, sound on, etc!!!!