RE: Line 6 DL4 users

Title: RE: Line 6 DL4 users

>>The power rating from Line6 is overstated (probably
so people will buy their PS). I think it's closer to
350ma than the 1200ma printed on the back of the
pedal.

The DL-4 will operate from a DC power supply with
center pin positive.<<

if it runs off AC normally, then it won't care which way up the DC is, surely?
I think the 9V AC/1200mA is enormously overspecced, given that the thing runs off 6V-worth of batteries. however, I'd make sure you have at least 500mA available for it- even expensive batteries only last about an hour in these things.

our guitarist's pedaltrain pedal board drives it quite happily, aswell as a jam-man and about a billion-and-a-half other stomp-boxes.

the pedaltrain has a special output that can simulate low battery voltage (it takes all sorts...) aswell as both polarities of DC and several AC outlets, and doesn't even get warm. only shortcoming is that it's a linear psu and you have to buy the right version for whatever is the prevailing mains voltage. we had to buy a step-up from ratshack to make it work in the states.

musician's friend appear to be knocking them out for about $170, complete with the natty briefcase.

d.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

The contents of this e-mail are confidential to the ordinary user
of the e-mail address to which it was addressed, and may also
be privileged. If you are not the addressee of this e-mail you may
not copy, forward, disclose or otherwise use it or any part of it
in any form whatsoever.If you have received this e-mail in error,
please e-mail the sender by replying to this message.

It is your responsibility to carry out appropriate virus and other
checks to ensure that this message and any attachments do not
affect your systems / data. Any views or opinions expressed in this
e-mail are solely those of the author and do not necessarily
represent those of MTV Networks Europe unless specifically stated,
nor does this message form any part of any contract unless so stated.

MTV reserves the right to monitor e-mail communications from
external/internal sources for the purposes of ensuring correct
and appropriate use of MTV communication equipment.

MTV Networks Europe