Re: FCB1010 cutting corners

> it unlikely to be limited to the component alone. More message storage
> implies more variables for the microprocessor to manage, implying
>possibly
> more RAM, larger code size (larger micro / code ROM), possibly more
complex
> code (-->larger project scope so higher initial/organizational cost).

this isn't the forum for this, but I would like to briefly mention that I
believe they spent a lot of time trying to figure out how to write the code
based around a  compression scheme (needed because of the tiny EEPROM),
where if they could just store the midi data raw, there would be lots of
ways to easily just read it and send it out the midi port - way easier.
Jon