Re: EDP+MPC1000-midi sync

On 2004-08-06, at 10.20, L. Angulo wrote:

> Hi loopheads,
> I just got the MPC1000 sampler and i am having fun
> syncing it to the EDP.What really cool is for example
> to it and syncing it to an EDP guitar riff.Then when i
> turn the 1/2 speed the conga loop stays at 120bmp
> while the other at 1/2.But I want to speed up the drum
> loop for a drum n bass thing by pressing
> multiply-record and still have the conga groove to the
> drum loop,because if is not at 120bmp the conga groove
> gets kind of messy.Is there a way to this on the MPC?
> Anybody syncing these 2?
> cheers
> L.a

Well, since you have already managed to prevent the conga loop to go
down to half the tempo, when the drum loop does so as an effect of
you're EDP going into HaldfSpeed, I can't see why this should not work
the other way around as well? I mean, if you start out the music with
the EDP in HalfSpeed you will probably have the drumloop go into that
Drum n Bass Thing when you take the EDP into NormalSpeed.

All the best

Per Boysen
---
http://www.boysen.se