RE: Off Topic? I'll give you Off Topic!!

I don't think you can be free of many criticisms when you get as large as
they are.

On the other hand, in my opinion they have done some good things:

1. Made coffee shops destination spots again. Before the 90's coffee shops
were seriously out of vogue in the states.
2. They have provided money and training to growers in South America and
other lands to increase production of GOURMET coffee beans.
3. They upped the standards other coffee shops have to attain to if they
want to truly serve a good cup of coffee. There are better places than
Starbucks, but across the board Starbucks is decent coffee.)
4. In my experience have been great with local musicians and supporting
local music.
5. Have provided several of my friends with a good job with benefits while
they were going to school.

I have more, but I'll stop there for now.

DM