Re: Live, EDP, and plug-ins

Wow, lucky you to have a Micromodular! I was just going to buy one that
I had spotted second hand but today it was sold ;-(

I have done some successful experimenting with Live 4 midi drum
sequences played through Live's random midi filter plug-in and I have
been thinking of using Numerology's TripleXY to apply a loooong gradual
change of the random percentage of such a midi filter to bring drum
patterns slowly in and out of chaos. It's a great performance feature
to be able to start such a long and gradual change with just one press
of a midi foot pedal (while you're busy making other noises). BTW, I
guess Numerology can also be used to sequence EDP actions.

Speaking about Live 4 and OS X: tonight I succeeded to create dynamic
pattern gates for live audio input to Augustus Loop AU plug-in (or the
EDP). This means you can for example hit a ringing guitar chord and
have only every second 16th note going into the loop (or whatever
pattern you set up).  The trick was to use the IAC bus (virtual midi
stream in OS X) to send midi from a midi clip on a midi track and use
that midi to address the midi learn function of some button, switch or
whatever function in the program.

per