No Subject

Hi, I'm a lurker, aspiring looper and a recent subscriber to Looper's-D. It's been a pleasure to read the exchanges and listen to the various mp3s over the past couple of weeks. Even the Lenny Kravitz thread has been good for a giggle. Dare I admit having liked "Mama Said" when it came out. I'm sorry, Monica, but I thought it not only had "real compositional aesthetic sophistocation and/or compelling primal/erotic/supernatural intensity," but also down home family values--and THAT'S worth a lot in an election year. The way the two guitar riffs worked together was really quite nice, too.

I'm an ex-band vocalist/guitarist/bassist who has started doing solo gigs. I borrowed a friend's Boomerang a couple months ago and got interested in using loops in my solo gigs.

I figured I would get some beats together and sync some bass and guitar loops to them and sing a bit. Sort of a Beck (not Jeff) kind of sound. It seems pretty straightforward, but my infrequent dabbles in MIDI have taught me that things MIDI are ever quite as easy as one thinks they should be (for me anyway). I need some recommendations for gear and advice. If any of this is redundant, answered in an FAQ, an archive or another site please point me in the right direction.

1)In the FAQ for the EDP, it said that the EDP could be synched to a sequencer etc. Does anyone have any recommendations for a drum machine or a sampler (I haven't decided which to go with) that could store a bunch of beats, and to which I could sync an EDP?

2)Does the EDP permit switching between several looped guitar or bass lines--could I have record a loop and call it up later on in the same tune, or is it lost as soon as I stop using it? (Eg. could I record the guitar riffs in "Mama Said" as loops, stop them when the song gets to the "But I'm always on the run . . . " bit, and start one or two of them back up after the chorus still synched to the drum track or sampled beats?--Not that I'll be covering LK)

3)If I am synching an EDP to a sequencer or sampler, what kind of foot controller should I use? Would it be possible to control a midi preamp, a g-force and the EDP with the same controller?

4)Can I have output from a vocal microphone or the sampler looped on the same EDP I use for the guitar, and treat those loops just like the others? Do I need separate EDPs for different sources?

5)Has anyone got an EDP for sale? (Please contact me off the list)

Thanks,

Philip