Re: OT: LRAD new sonic technology

> Check out this very creepy article about the LRAD............a sonic
> device that can be used as a weapon or as
>  a crowd controller.

yes. it's the same idea that the Nazis were using the 40s.

they had a parabolic sound cannon which fired a 6.5 hz sine wave at
some obscene dB level that could blow a soldier apart ... if he stood
still for 4 minutes.

there was a picture of one in the Time-Life book The Secret War, from
their WWII book series.

they ended up using it for crowd control because getting the enemy to
stand still for several minutes is kind of difficult.

btw: notice anything particular about that frequency? it's the average
resonant frequency of the human body, which also happens to fall within
the 6-7 hz range which we find most musically pleasing for vibrato.

coincidence?

hopefully at this point a more educated member of this list will chime
in and either provide more significant and thoughtful information or
inform me of my extreme mistaken-ness. either way, if you have more
info on this please chime in, as googling presented me with no
reference pages to include in this post.
---
Eric Williamson
www.suitandtieguy.com