Subject: Looping Inspiration

Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2004 04:12:15 -0800
From: "Jonathan" <jonathan@kelloggcreek.com>
To: <Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com>

    Hi Everybody,
    I've been working on a solo instrumental looping show for coffeehouses,
doing a bass / guitar thing.  One of the challenges I've had is finding
good
material to cover.  I'm using a Boomerang, so it's hard to find songs that
have a structure that fits with the 'Rang, that also works in an
instrumental, jazzy setting.
    I can do some traditional jazz tunes, but a lot of them have 16 bar
forms (or longer) and that's a lot of dead space when you're looping a
bassline, then chords, THEN getting to the actual melody!  I've done some
simple tunes people know, since I think that's really important.  Stuff
like
My Girl, Imagine, What You Won't Do For Love, etc.
    I'm just wondering how you all find songs that fit the looping
situation
you're doing, or what you look for in a song to see if it's "loop worthy".
    Thanks!
    -Jonathan
    http://www.badspatula.com