Re: some thoughts on Ted's queeries about art and self esteem and,oh yeah, looping

You'd have to ask Mr. Glass (the source of the quote) about that.  I've
only met a handful of non-US artists.  My impression is that he meant that
since there is more support for the arts in Europe (financial and
otherwise), that American artists are forced to develop a stronger
self-reliance.  And he's speaking as a man who drove a cab and delivered
washing machines to make ends meet until he was 41, six years after
"Einstein On The Beach".

Me, I just think that American artists are like, way cuter than everyone
else.

TravisH