Re: cool guitar synth intros

  The Branca story is hilarious. I can see how someone would say that
about
his stuff. I wish it was easier to get some of those sorts of effects
without it being so loud,but as I understand it ,he's really working with
the reoonance of the space , which makes sense to me.I've never heard the
shimmer of Gamelan come through on recordings.You can hear it but you
can't
feel it.And when you feel it all around you it's quite different than it
just being in front of you. They call it Umbak when the gong  makes a big
wave through the room. I read that Sonic Youth was inspired by Branca,and
when I heard them they definately had sort of a huge ball of energy they
were working. like the audio equivailaent of heat waves over the road
surface.I stood at the other end of the stadium ,and it was still way too
loud,but the textures were great.