Re: Do I need that EDP?

From: stanitarium <stanitarium@earthlink.net>
> well just so you know-splitting a guitar signal before it hits the preamp
> means you are working w/  weakass millivolts of power-and things just get
> weaker after that.

Yes.  Both signals get preamped in the mixer.

> the best way, i have found, is to split, fondle, manipulate, loop and
> enhance the guitar signal post preamp(line level) where the voltage is
>large
> and powerful.

I wonder if ideally the best way isn't to mike the amp and loop that.  It
varies depending, I think.  But I completely agree with you that it's a
conundrum trying to incorporate the sound of the amp itself since it's the
last part of the chain.  Any arrangement is going to compromise something