amp modeling

I tried the gt-8 and i am assuming is basically the
same,the one thing i dont like about all this modeling
trend is how the distortions compress and turn into
mud,most of this modeling amps have maybe only one
convincing amp sound in my opinion(on the rolands the
JC120 and the line 6 their own model off course)and a
lot of them dont really cut it live.I am more
interested in their efx proccessor flexibilty,For
recording purposes the modeling might be practical and
they do sound good on tape but with the combo amps id
rather have great efxs only with higher DSP quality
going through one killer tube amp sound!
more choices,more tweaking,less playing,more
frustrated;-)

www.luis-angulo.com