Re: Vedr. reality vs virtuality

Only if the gig paid me twice as much. :)  Seriously, though, you bring up a third system that I would use...I would use my notebook and rack, but go directly into my tube amp rather than the Mackie board and PA. This would be for the looping gigs where I used my electric, rather than acoustic, and I didn't mind playing in mono, but still wanted to apply some bizarre effects to my sound. Or I could just ust my notebook and the tube amp, or just my rack and the tube amp...lots of options to completely butcher the clean and warm tone of a Mesa Boogie Mark I.

Kris