Re: what a loop has to say

I think this is a great point.  When you start down this path of
invalidating an artistic expression because of how it was created, and
create some sort of continuum of "good/artistic" vs. "bad/generated by
'gear'", then you might come to the conclusion that you can only be
valid by standing naked in front of the audience, using only the
voice/body to create.  While this might be interesting (!), it's not the
only valid, artistic, or "good" way to create music.

I know - that's an extreme example, but I find extreme examples help
illuminate the model under examination.

After all - the acoustic guitar is a very complex device all on it's
own.  If someone said "yeah, that's all real pretty and everything - but
lets see him do it with NO guitar", it would probably be considered a
ridiculous statement.

So, on this matter, I find myself willing to accept a wide range of
inputs/processing/outputs as valid, artistic expression.  It's the end
result, not the process, that I choose to evaluate against my own
personal tastes.

The preceding is worth exactly what you paid for it :D