Re: what a loop has to say

> ..... but purism always seems a bit arbitrary to me, whatever the genre.

I became heavily involved in solo acoustic guitar and singing for about 5
years, and the longer I was involved in that genre, the more claustrophobic
it felt. Even without effects and technology, there was a purist 'attitude'
that questioned abstract song forms, lyrics, *intent*?! etc. I found it a
very conservative clique, and finally decided to ADD effects to make my
point very clear that I was serving my muse, not their expectations or
traditions. As much as I enjoy solo acoustic performance, I'm more inclined
to mix it up just to keep myself outside of that particular box. (Or course
I'll be looping as well... )

-Miko