Re: adding pitch shift to stereo EDP+'s

>> On 21 mar 2006, at 18.06, loop.pool wrote: I saw a singer the other
>night
who had two microphones on the same stand..........one for straight
unprocessed vocals and one for processed vocals.

> Interesting. I saw a trumpet player using four different mics on stage.
Each mic going into a different fx line-up. So instead of stomping a pedal
to catch a loop he simply directed his horn into the mic that fed a delay
unit and vice versa.

Mike Patton--saw Bungle a few years back for the 'California' tour, and
Patton was using 3 mics. A clean one; another one into fx chain which
included keyboard synths with audio input; and the good 'ol harmonica style
mic into distortion. He would ring modulate his voice and beyond. I could
see him signaling the monitor guy to kill his monitor for particularly
extreme processing events. It was truly awesome to see him self-process his
voice to accomplish the amazing sounds and changes required for their
complex material.

Ronnie Montrose--years ago he had a huge pedal board with 5 Ernie Ball
volume pedals, and he could blend various effect sends with the array. Very
studio-like setup--it was extremely transparent and effective. (no pun
intended)

Miko Biffle
"Running scared from all the usual distractions!"
C;mon over to MySpace! www.myspace.com/biffozz
Now playing "Rough" www.cdbaby.com/biffoz
The Chain Tape Collective! http://www.ct-collective.com/